Re: [IP] What about the beach?

> We are going to the ocean for the first time since pumping.  Now what
> precautions do I need to take?

we went to florida last november and had no problems with pump.

geneva disconnected each and every time she went into the water.  she also
was disconnected while playing in the sand.  I brought along an insulated
lunchbox for her to keep the pump in while swimming and playing.  she had
the best BGS ever in her life!  they are so active while swimming / building
sandcastles/ running to and from the water and the heat from the pool kept
that insulin cooking in her body!
we also kept the candy "airhead" handy for an extra 15 carb snack in between
running and swimming around.

just paddling around in the pool kept geneva nice and level.

I did bring along a thing called 'dust-off'...available at radioshack,
walmart and any electronic supply place.  this I would use to 'blow" out the
sand each day to keep the pump running.

just bring extra supplies/batteries/a vial of humalog/ syringes.  we carried
everything with us on the plane.

you will be fudging with carb counts as you are prob. eating out alot.
don't forget your calculator and carb booklet.

mom to a very happy, new 11 yr. old who has really enjoyed her beach
vacations on pump!