Re: [IP] IEEE VR anyone?

>Sorry for the ignorance here, but what is IEEE VR 2000?  Sounds like a
>meeting of engineers!

Sorry... It is indeed a conference primarily of engineers. Also computer
scientists (like myself) and others interested in virtual reality. (aka.
virtual environments, virtual worlds, synthetic environments)  This year
it is taking place at the Hyatt in New Brunswick, NJ. Yes, it is a
serious application of computer graphics used for real work in areas
like medicine, engineering, art, artchitecture, statistics, etc. No, its
not just a big fancy video game and it hasn't yet reached the quality of
the holodeck, nor can it be used for any "mind control".
Anyway, I will be there from Sat about noon until Wed if anyone wants to
meet. You wouldn't have to be attending the conference for us to meet,
but it would certainly be easier as my free time and transportation may
be limited.