[IP] Growth Hormone and grieving

I think it's pretty natural to have the "now what" feeling when you add yet
another problem to your list, whether you're a kid or an adult.  I know when
Jenna was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, 6 months after getting the diabetes
diagnosis, she had more of a meltdown than she did with the D dx. (but then
again, she was too sick when she was diagnosed with D to melt down.)  And,
just as we adults want to grieve a little when something else happens to us,
I think it's important for us to let our kids feel sad and grieve a little
when it happens to them, too.  I bet after treatment (if necessary) is
underway for growth hormone deficiency, she won't even pay any attention to
it - just one more shot to deal with.

Nancy Morgan