Re: [IP] Cortisone shots and wild BGs--ARGH!

At 4:25 PM -0500 3/15/00, email @ redacted wrote:

>Watch it, though -- steroids have a fast, sharp, effect. About 48-72 hours.
>So keep a good eye on it so you don't go low. After the second day, I would
>just program a temporary basal increase for about four hours, test again a
>couple of hours after it ended, and go from there.

That's a good idea. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions. I bet by
the time I get this all figured out, the cortisone will lose it's effect
and I'll plummet like a stone. Oh boy.

>I felt like something the cat threw up, however. How are you doing?

Yes, that's definitely an apt description. :-) I spent 20 minutes last
night squeezing lime juice out of 4 limes for the recipe I was doing
(Fragrant Rice Noodles with Vegetables--yay Moosewood cookbooks!) and then
FORGOT to add it to the mixture. Argh!

Thanks to all for the suggestions and especially the commiserations.

(Type I, 27 years, D. pumper since 10/95)