Re: [IP] Cortisone shots and wild BGs--ARGH!

In a message dated 3/15/00 11:36:43 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Anyone who has had to have cortisone shots (for tendinitis in my left elbow
and shoulder) who has any suggestions for the wild BG ride? >>

Haven't done it pumping, but on injections I used to raise my long acting by
about 25% and my short acting about 60%, starting on the second day after the
shot and continuing for 2 weeks.  Since my short acting was also my daytime
basal on that regimen, and I tended still to get high at night (too nervous
to raise that more), I figure that my basal need was really going up about
40%.  YMMV

Linda A