[IP] Gusher...

Brian Carter and Sara, thanks for describing "gushers" last week.  I was prepared
for what happened to me this morning!  Was 130 on waking and changed set.  An
hour later (no breakfast yet)  bg was 304!  Bolused 4 units, and an hour later
bg was still 309!  So, took 4 units by syringe, and half an hour later bg was
227 - ok, the set has to go.

Gather up my stuff and go into restroom at work to do the change.  Took out
the bad set first, and woosh!!!  blood spurts all over the mirror!  I thought
the lady washing her hands a couple of sinks away (only know her slightly) was
going to pass out!  She did offer to get me a band-aid, though...ha ha.

After about 10 minutes of direct pressure and soaking through about 20 paper
towels, the gushing stopped.  New site seems to be good and bg is about 120
and holding...

dx 1981, pumping since 2/11/00