[IP] Cortisone shots and wild BGs--ARGH!

Hi Everyone,

Anyone who has had to have cortisone shots (for tendinitis in my left elbow
and shoulder) who has any suggestions for the wild BG ride?

My doc, a pumper, suggested leaving basales alone adn just testing often,
but that ain't working. I did up my nighttime basals by a conservative .1
and ended up at 300 this a.m. Soooo, I figure I'll go up another .2 for
tonight. I also upped my daytimes by .2. We'll see how today goes. It took
about 17 units (!) to bring down that 300. Sheesh, nothing like insulin

(Type I, 27 years, D. pumper since 10/95)