RE: [IP] class testing

You brought up a great point Darlene.  There is no way for me to know, but I
have to trust that his teacher/school staff recognize that something is
wrong and/or that Lucas lets them know something is wrong. All we can do is
educate them(our children and the school staff) the best we can. We can not
be there with them 24/7/365. We have to have some faith that we have
provided everyone with enough information for them to make wise decisions. I
have found that since going to the pump I can correct things much faster
than when we played with H and NPH...

Lucas has always been great about letting us know when he doesn't feel good.
He starts to sense it when he reaches 75 or lower. We have also noticed a
fright/flight behavior when he starts to go low, which helps us identify
what is happening. I can recall two recent occasions since he started on the
pump. Once when he screamed for me when we were working outside in the woods
this past winter, and on the second occasion when he came into my home
office to tell me he was shaky. Yep both times his meter reading said low.
We treated the lows quickly and shortly he was back to normal.

I also have a sticky note with his meter that says if his reading is between
70 and 79 take 1 tablet, if his reading is between 60 and 69 take two
tablets, if his reading is between 50 and 59 take 3 tablets else take 4. We
have found that this combination will get him up over 80 which is our
target.

The only other thing I thought about reading your post was who was this
woman screaming and why was she screaming at Kap? If she is an employee of
the school system I would have been having a meeting with her boss to
discuss the proper way to handle children. Whether they are sick or not NO
school employee has the right to be screaming at any child.

*Now - what happens when child is allowed to test - but doesnt realize he is
*low.
*Too Low to reminder to test.
*Kap was in car pool line - and the lady was screaming in his face to get up
*and get in line for car pool pick up - 5 times she yelled in his face -
with
*her hands cupped around her mouth -

Pete -  father of Lucas pumping since 12/21/1999.