[IP] What is/was Pumpers Ink

Dear Pumpers and Friends,
    What is/was Pumper's Ink? One day in late April of 1997; I got a note
from this nice guy by the name of Glenn Yoder in my e-mail box on AOL, I
almost deleted it like I do with most mail on AOL. I'm glad Ididn't Glenn
ask if I would like to write about DM and pumping to other pumpers and the
would write back to me. In a e-mail group called Pumper's Ink. We were a
small group at first just 12 members:
    Glenn Yoder from Foster City , CA; a Type I using a Minimed pump and
still a member. I miss his jokes
    Jim Lieb from Erie, PA a Type I using a Minimed pump and still a member.
    Deirde Maislin from Bridgewater, NJ using a Minimed pump and is still a
member. Deirde is the Humalog still working for you?
    Vicki Baker from Roanoka, VA, one of the first RN of the Group, on a
pump for 8 years.
    Tara Hart  from Plantation, FL a great pump supporter who works as a
director of the Pump program at Diabetes Support System, Inc.
    Bob Burnett from Oneida, NY, a Type I uaing a Disetronic pump but was
using a Minimed pump. One of the best writers and person of the group and
still a member.
    Rodney mead from Omaha, NE, a Type I , one of the first pumper been on a
pump along time on my 6 model of pump.
    Rosalind (Roz) Mincher from Burlinggame, CA , a Type I using a Minimed
pump. She is a great friend alway with a kind word and a pray when I'm down.
And still a member.
    Susan May from San Bruno, CA a Type I who used one of the early pumps
Auto-Sysringe but stopped use one until 3yrs ago and started back on a
Minimed , still a member.
    Linda Ferguson from San Carlos, CA a Type I, getting great A1c's with
Humalog and her pump. Still a member.
    Carolyn Allen, RN, CDE, CPT from Richmond, VA . A Type I and has one of
the best user names on AOL : EUGLYCEMIA and still a member.
    Scott Fischell from Glenelg, MD. He was the first Rep with Minimed(back
in 1984 it was called Pacesetter) and still a member.
    That was the first group of 12 members, we were a nice group and it grew
at a rate of a member or two a week. It was a place where everyone  was nice
to each other,  we cared about each other, where we could cry, laugh, vent,
and Smile with each other.  We grew to the point where AOL mail sys. was not
the way to send out the posts from everyone. By this time Michael Robinton
had join the group. He told the group about a way to get around the mail
problem we had at the time. He would host a mail server on his company
server for us. THANK YOU Michael, then we started to talk about putting up a
webpage. Michael ran with it and what you know as
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org  is what he came up with from his love for
Lily(maybe this is where she gets her drive to doing things so well) He ask
the group for help to do it, like  what it needed to show, talk about, to
write FYI notes; to make it the best place on the web for INFO about insulin
pumping and to tell the world that use a  insulin pump with children  is one
of the best way to give back their children life back to them.
    Michael, you asked about history  of pumping. See  if you can get a copy
of Insulin Pump Therapy by Elke Austenat and Tilman Stakl  ISBN#0899256309;
I got my copy from Disetronic  back in 1992 . It maybe the only book that
show old pumps, it even has a Biostator.
    Why did I write this letter; you ask well for one to tell some very nice
people Thank You, and can we please stop the fighting. Go back to being
friends, to give each other the support we need to live the life with DM be
it yourself or a love one. To understand that everyone has needs to get from
the group, to be a place to vent, to share your joy and sadness. So please
remember that if you have a problem  with what someone has written, you can
write to them off-line or if you have other problems write to  the ADM at
HELP@insulin-pumpers.org. You can ask them to help you if someone is causing
you problems, if you think it is not something that need to be talk about in
the e-mail, they will help kept things going . Remember if you kept writing
to the e-mail group it just get to be a bigger problem and away from what
the goal of the e-mail is. If you need to drop out or change what type of
e-mail you get PLEASE WRITE to HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
    If you can make a donation; $$$, time, writing, be a ADM, a chat host,
and thing that will help with the running of the webpage and the group,  I
hope to see everyone in chat tonight at 9pm EST.  I get a great joy from
hosting a chat Every Tue. night. Now if only I can get more of you to drop
in to chat; we have a lot of fun and great time with good Info. I was
thinking of dropping out of the group, but last night I was IM on AOL from a
new pumper asking about pumping. I told him to sign up to the group, for it
is one of the best place on the web to learn about pumping and what a great
group of people the members are . So feeling as I do, I know I need to stay.

ps:I would miss hearing about the great A1c's , what Sara is doing, I miss
Buddy, Karla,Sue, Linda, Tom, Glenn.............