personally, i leave the goo...gives me something to pick at instead of my
face, or nails or something more disgusting...who sees your belly anyway.
plus IT reminds me where my last couple of sites were so I don't re use them
too soon...

in a pinch, roll an ice cube over it...it hardens up, and then you can kinda
roll it off...kinda fun - kinda like peeling wall paper paste off a wall....