Re: [IP] pregnant

Hi Viviane,

You have lots of time. I was dx'd in January 1973 when I was 15 years old.
I had my first child at age 31 in 1989, a healthy son. I had my daughter in
September of '97, just 2 months shy of my 40th birthday. The fact that you
were only just dx'd, plus that diabetes management is much easier and
"doable" in this day and age (and so complications are less likely), means
that you shouldn't have any problem with pregnancy.

The main thing when you're pregnant is to keep your BG levels as normal as
possible. That will be easier for you  after you've had some experience
with and gotten used to dealing with diabetes. So, by all means, wait until
you're 30, as you originally planned.

(Type I, 27 years, D. pumper since 10/95)