[IP] Re: pregnant

You have plenty of time to get pregnant and should plan your pregnancy around when
you want to have a kid, not around diabetes!  I am 30, was dx 14 years ago, and
would not hesitate to get pregnant now if I wanted to.  There are plenty of women
here and elsewhere who have had diabetes for 10 or 15 years plus before they got
pregnant, and they and their kids are fine.

No question that a diabetic pregnancy is a lot of work and that the work begins
before the pregnancy, but it is absolutely possible.  I'm sure you will hear from
many women here who have had successful pregnancies after many years with
diabetes.  If you don't have a good endocrinologist who you really trust, I'd
recommend getting one before you start a pregnancy.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide.