Re: [IP] 20 years and still kicking!

What Kevin just said remind me of when I was dx in 1965.  I heard about the
same thing.  I also was starting my teaching career at the same time and I
remember I thought I wouldn't have to worry about my retirement date in 1995
because I would probably be on disability far before that.  At that time I
was saving my money not for retirement but for kidney failure.  At that time
we never heard of transplants, at least not in my neck of the woods.  I was
sure if I was still alive I would have all the complications etc.  I thank my
God everyday for my health, and if all I ever have to put up with is the time
it takes me to take care of my pump needs I will be more that happy.  I
always kinda thought that maybe my attitude made God happy enough to skip the
complications at least for the first 35 years of D.  Who knows what may
happen from here on out. Even though I say that I really feel it has a lot to
do with the gene pool.  I'm planning on being one of those who make it to
fifty years with diabetes and I wouldn't mind being the oldest known living
person with diabetes. He,he.  35 years D and still pumping.