[IP] pregnant

I am sure this subject was on this list before but I was wondering: when
will there be a risk in becomming pregnant when you have diabetes? I mean,
I'm 27 now, I was dxd in June 1999 (type I) and don't know if it is wise to
start planning pregnantie or if I still have time to wait. Before I was
dxd, my plan was to wait until I would be around 30. Now I think it would
be better not to wait 3 years because my body won't become more healthy
during these years! Also, is it true that "type I" (male/female) will have
kids who will develop type II when they are older? My feeling is that most
doctors have different opinions about this subject. Anyone like to share
his or her opinion whit me (I won't draw any medical conclusions from it)?

Viviane Kels
email @ redacted
dxd 6/99
pumping 2/8/00 :-)