Re: [IP] Adjusting to pump question

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 email @ redacted wrote:

> We are hoping to start the pump on our 6-year-old this summer. I have noticed
> some people comment that they feel "funny" initially until they get used to
> their BS being in control. I'm curious how parents handled this with young
> ones.

My young one was 11 at the time and all she wanted to do was exploit the
freedoms the pump gave her. i.e. eat normal stuff that other kids eat
(like junk food), sleep in, etc.... There were no mentions whatsoever of
anything else. During the first week there was apple pie, hot fudge
sundaes and a number of other indulgences that were previously verboten.