Re: [IP] Treating NPH lows as opposed to Humalog lows

>     IF the basals are set correctly (which it sounds as though they
> diligently are), then why the added protein? >

jan,

we don't ever treat with extra protein.  just lifesavers and if really low,
juice.

I agree with you.

but...I think that if a kid is engaged in a really strenuous sport...then
the protein snack may help for later on lows.

if just low from miscalculated bolus or carb ratio...we just treat.

ruth
mom to geneva ...almost 11