[IP] Bearskin Meadows

Hi all,

Dr. Mary Olney and Dr. Ellen Simpson ran Bearskin Meadows Camp from 1959
through the late 80's early 90's.  Dr. Olney ("Doc") originally took 19
diabetic children camping in Napa County in 1938.  From there she started
Camp Whitaker in the Whitaker forest near Fresno, they moved to the current
location of Bearskin Meadows in the Sequoia National Forest in 1959.  As
someone who went to camp when Doc and Ellen were running the camp I have
never been so scared nor learned so much about life in general from anyone
else in my life.  Doc was an exceptional woman and Ellen still is to this
day.  I don't know about Bearskin (or whitaker) being the first diabetic
camp but Doc was certainly a pioneer in the field.

Take care.

T-1 24 yrs
MM507 2 yrs