[IP] Re: newbie question.. feel high but aren't

sharon wrote:
> generally  85 - 136 all day except for about 30 minutes right
> after lunch when i bounced up to 190...
>  Do most folks find they bolus before they eat?

It is MY opinion that you should not test 30 minutes after you eat.  That is
a wate of a poke inmy opinion.  If you are high, you can't give a correction
bolus because you JUST took your meal bolus and if you are low, you dont know
if it because you didnt give your food time to get in you or what.

If youa re using Humalog, wait  hours before testing after a meal.  DO not
bother with testing 30 minutes after - it will just frustrate you.

I take my bolus just before I eat, usually, or a few minutes up to 15 if I am
higher than I want to be...I dont use Humalog

> what is typical.. and i know it will vary..

yup - NOTHING is typical with diabetes.,,,

good luck