Re: [IP] Fixing highs quick

email @ redacted writes:

<< The rule of thumb we use at our house is 20% of insulin is absorbed
 every 30 minutes for the first hour and a half or so, with the rest
 spread over the remaining couple of hours. See the humalog absorbtion
 curve at: >>

If Kap is high at lunch or dinner above 150 - he will do a bolus of 1 unit
per 100 to bring down high and also bolus for his food 1/2 pre-meal and 1/2
post-meal just in case he changes his mind about how much he is going to eat.
 It ususally takes him about 10minutes b4 actually start eating,   Once the
insulin is working, 10 minutes, his bgs doesnt go up any higher than what it
was with the orginal high.  He has tested this theory - to prove to me he
could go on and eat and not wait for #s to come back down.
Bolus for high and bolus for food and eat.  Is is way.
Thanks for listening!
Darlene - mom to Kap - age 9 pumping