[IP] Travel question(s)

I know that everyone has asked for advice on traveling etc, but now its my
turn!  I need to brag a bit, and say that my husband and I (this is a bit
off subject, but it leads somewhere related to MY diabetes!), have received
a special personal invitation from DISH network, for an all inclusive trip
to Tahiti!!  I am so excited!  It will be for 6 days and 7 nights.  Now my
questions: I am going to call MM and see if I can get an extra pump, as I
have seen you can do from others on list.  HEAT:  how will this heat affect
my bg's? Will it be worse than when it was over 90 last summer and I had
just started pumping?  I will take all my extra tapes, etc., but not sure
how to handle this.  I may need to drastically lower my basals since all the
excitement, but I don't want to go overboard.
Flying:  Never done it, never want to, BUT if I want to go, and I do, I need
to deal with my flight fright!!  Any recommendations?  Dramamine, a tom
collins?  I don't drink, but may need to? <vbg>
I am putting all my meds on a carry on bag for the airport, so I know that.
I will get prescriptions from endo also stating that I am allowed to have
all these drugs with me!
Any advice can be emailed directly to me, not to clog the list up.
email @ redacted
Thanks to all in advance!
PS Surgery wise:  My throat is healing fine after my thyroid surgery, and
the scar is big and ugly, but doing ok healing!  I have a check up with my
surgeon on Monday the 13th.  Will keep all posted if interested.
Lori A. Willey
First Express Inc.