[IP] Mom and Dad of Jessica

(snip)WE would appreciate your opinion.

MOM  and DAD of Jessica

email @ redacted  (Snip)
Having served on the Board of Directors of a 311 unit condo (homeowner)
association for 9 years, I have to present a different view.  If your "by
laws" say clearly no pets....., then you will have to move, or win in
court.  I doubt you will win in court.   HOWEVER, if you keep your dog on a
leash at all times outside, clean up after the pet, and if the dog doesn't
bark all night or day and annoy the neighbors, you have a really good
chance of getting the approval of your Association.  What you need to do is
get the OK from all the units around you.  Like a petition, give that to
the board, calling it a special exemption for handicap.  If your neighbors
OK it and you follow the listed "rules" you should have no problem.

You have to understand the Board's point of view.   They work for the
entire association and have to abide by the by laws.  They may personally
think it is OK for your daughter to have a puppy, but there those damn by
laws and they have to have a clear documented reason for breaking them or
the other homeowners will sue the board and you.  It gets to be a mess
sometime.  Try the petition, approval from neighbors, and I bet it works.

I think having a pet is wonderful, I live in a condo, have a dog who has
waked me for a low.  We have strict leash laws, and we clean up after our

Please keep me posted!
Bonnie Richardson
Huntsville, AL