Subject: [IP] Ice cream sundae high!!

My bet is that it was the fat in the ice cream.  If it was a site, the shot
of H would have dropped his sugar more like you expected.  Fats get us every
time - usually start up about 4-6 hours after eating the fatty whatever, and
stay up for another 4-6 hours.  Still haven't figured out how to deal with
that, except that when I get the first high, and know there was a high fat
food a few hours earlier, I go ahead and bolus for the high, plus set a
temporary basal rate - for Jenna, 160% for 4 hours usually works, though
it's still hard to predict.  Still worth the ice cream sundae every now and

Nancy Morgan