Re: [IP] Befuddled by Insurance

> I just got a call from Jenny at Disetronic.  She's received my
> letter of medical necessity from my endo, and she's ready to go with
> my pump ok.  Only thing is, my BC/BS of Michigan insurance doesn't
> require a pre-authorization so they can't even go for approval until
> they have the bill for the insurance company.  So, next week, I'm
> getting an H-tron Plus pump (which I won't use until I'm sure the
> insurance will pay for it).  Has anyone had their insurance do this?

heh... heh.... use that sucker!!!!   Let them try to get it back.
Just don't pay for anything until the insurance picks up their part.
You get a lot more help from folks who have NOT been paid. It took a
year and a half to get the insurance company to agree to pick up the
tab on Lily's pump. Meanwhile she was pumping merrily along. I didn't
pay a dime until their check was received by the pump supplier.