Re: [IP] Somewhat Discouraged.....

Hi Carolyn,

With your frequent lows, did you have any that required a trip to the
hospital or a doctor visit afterward (such as the ones that resulted in
seizures)? It seems that, because you haven't had any since starting on the
pump, you could point out his immediate lowering of medical costs to the
insurance company. Unless they're complete morons, which I don't rule out
because they are, after all, an *insurance co.*, they should be able to see
an immediate cost benefit to the pump, not to mention the ones down the
road when more stable BGs translate into fewer complicaions, etc.

Your doctor really should be able to explain the advantages of the pump and
the dangers of *not* having one to the insurance co.

Good luck and *try* not to stress too  much. That's just going to send your
BGs up!

(Type I, 27 years, D. pumper since 10/95)