Subject: [IP] Adjusting Basals - Question

Hi Stacy,
If you're using Humalog, you need to start the higher basal rates at least
one hour before you see the rise.  So, since you're rising between 8 am and
9 am, I'd set the basal rates up from .8 to 1.0 at 7 am instead of 8 am.  Or
I might just go up by 0.1 unit, since you're not rising a lot.   At least
that's what I'd do.

Nancy Morgan

<<On a fasting test, these were my readings
0815 133
0915 166
1015 179
1115 175
1215 129
These are my set basal rates:
0000 .7
0230 .8
0800 1.0
1030 .9
Can anyone suggest a better way to set the bolus?  I assume it should be
higher starting earlier, but I don't know how far back I need to go.>>