[IP] Adjusting Basals - Question

stacy wrote
>  On a fasting test, these were my readings
>  0815 133
>  0915 166
>  1015 179
>  1115 175
>  1215 129
>
>  These are my set basal rates:
>  0000 .7
>  0230 .8
>  0800 1.0
>  1030 .9

i would want to know what your bg was at bed time and at 3 am.  ASSUMING
those 2 tests were between 100-150, or whatever your range is, thenI would
say you defintiely need to increase your early am basal earlier.  I might
start the 1.0 at 6:00am rather than 8am.

HOWEVER, if your 3 am test is LOW, it might suggest your basals are too high.
 You may be crashing in the night and the morning 160-180s are a rebound
being held in check by the increase in basal at 8am...

Those aren't horrible numbers, all under 180!  so you are on the right
track...wait a couple days and do it again and be sure to log your bed time
and 3 am tests as well

Sara