[IP] New Pumper

I'm Cara, mom to Hayley dx'd at 4 and now 5 1/2 and ready to pump.  I've been
lurking on this list for a couple of weeks now trying to find out everything
I could about pumping because Hayley was in the process of trying to get
insurance approval for pump.  I wanted to share our good news today that
Hayley was approved and will get her MM508 on Monday.  We're all very
excited, but also have a lot of questions now that the pump is going to be a
     I've already read Pumping Insulin but was wondering if there were any
others I should read before starting(She uses Humalog and no info about
pumping with humalog in that book)?
     Also wondering what infusion sets might work best for her?  Hayley is 5
and very thin and extremely active.(Gymnastics, Dance ect.)   Also along the
same line, what would be the best device for her to wear the pump with?  She
doesn't usually wear anything with pockets or belts(likes to wear dresses all
the time)
     The last thing I wanted to share is the fact that our insurance is
Tricare Prime, and much to the surprise of everyone we had no hassel from
them, they approved Hayley in only 2 weeks and are paying 85%!!!!  There is
hope for all on Tricare.   I was also happy to find out that MM is going to
let us make monthly payments of about $100 for our portion of the pump cost
and without any interest.
     Thanks to all for all the great info on this list, it has been
tremendously helpful!!!
Cara (mom to Hayley-a soon to be pumper)