[IP] About Camp

I just have to tell you how much I loved diabetic camp.  I went to Bearskin
Meadow, in California.  The first time I went was shortly after I was
diagnosed, 10 years old.  The next year I went to Girl Scout Camp.  I hated
it.  I couldn't eat half the food, pre-pump, over 20 years ago, the
activities weren't nearly as fun, I couldn't wait to go home.  I went to
diabetic camp every year after that, I was finally the normal one!  Every
body had shots, was on a diet, and tested.  If I was low, there was no need
to explain, everyone knew what to do.  There was a lot of diabetic education
there too, learning how to give shots, nutrition, all the diabetic stuff!
When my sister was old enough, she went as a counselor in training, you could
do that as a non-diabetic.  She loved it too and she said it taught her a lot
about diabetes.  The other plus is it's someplace he can go that you won't
have to worry about him and if someone there knows what to do in any given
situation.  I'm not sure where you live but I know B-M has grants or what
ever you call them and I heard that they never turn anyone away because they
can't afford it.  SEND PADDY TO CAMP!!!!!   Congratulations on the pump
coming too, I'm so excited for you both!

Type I, 25yrs. Changed my life in Dec. 1999!!!