Re: [IP] Testing Lunch Basals...

> Ok, this is the first time I have tested lunch basals and I left all
> the notes from my CDE and pumping insulin book at home (at work
> now).  So I am asking you guys this question.
> When can I stop it and eat!  :)

You need to fast for 5 hours before starting the check. For a lunch
check, it would probably be better to skip breakfast and eat at 1:30
or 2:00 in the afternoon. Then pick up the test again in a day or two
by eating breakfast and skipping lunch. check every hour 'til you get
too hungry, then eat dinner, but go at least until 6 or so. To check
'til bed time, eat a late lunch or early dinner at 3:30 or so and
start checking at about 8:00. Check until bed time then every 2 hours
hours or so through the night. Repeat the night time check in 3 - 4
days, using alternate hours. i.e. if the first was 12, 2, 4, 6, 8,
the repeat with 1, 3, 5, 7  ... more checks is better data, but you
don't want to mess up your sleep pattern. You can extend the time
between checks, but you have to check on more nights and normalize
the readings to a common starting point.

See the HOWTO section of the web site