[IP] fracture question

Just this past weekend I broke my foot- on crutches for 1 day (really had to
lower basals) then Monday was put into a fracture brace.

My question is, what should I expect with bgs, should they go up like when
you have an infection, or should they go down because of lugging this heavy
brace around?

If anyone has had to experience the fun of a broken bone, I'd like to hear
their experiences and tips on keeping in control!

aka Mouse