[IP] Re: Off-Topic

I am a diabetic and while this list has been such a blessing
to me, I am also going to print out some of the messages
I found in the archives for my mother so she also knows
what is going on.  INTERESTED PARENTS ARE A GIFT.
My parents have always been really supportive and tried
to learn so much and I love them for that.  I wish more of
my friends would take a more active interest, but for now,
I will educate them on what I can.  THANK YOU, PARENTS,
FOR THE SUPPORT THAT YOU SHOW YOU CHILDREN.
Yes, it is probably impossible for a non-diabetic to truly
understand what things are like, but that doesn't mean
that they can't try or sympathize.  I don't really use all the
info on the list, and not all that applies to me, but oh well.
I'm just glad I have somewhere I can go to get my questions
answered and I think everyone should have the same
opportunity.  Also, I can totally understand the cell phone issue.
I was dx'd, then went on a week long trip an hour away by plane
the next weekend, so my very worried mother came with, and I
was 16 at the time.  Please allow parents to be able to ask questions
as they care for us diabetic kids and have just as much right to ask
how to best do that as we do.
Just my two cents worth, sorry for the length.

Carmen dx'd 4/9/97, soon to be pumping