Re: [IP] 1st A1C Since Pump Start..and a question

Yes, I have high cholesterol and take medication.  I also first tried to
control it with diet and my endo finally said that it is my liver that is
producing too much and for me to try to control it with diet only would not
be smart.  I also eat a very low fat diet    around 25 grams of saturated fat
a day.  My last fasting was 167 I usually stay around that number.

I remember when I was dx 35 years ago the last thing the dietitian said to me
as I walked out the door was to watch the fats.  However, she didn't say why
and at the time I was only 21 and didn't know anything about a good diet.
Well, for years I was only concerned with my blood sugars and ate anything
especially fatty foods
meats especially and never thought much about it.  When I first had my
cholesterol checked I was around 245 and from there I started to take fats

Good Luck, Watch those fats.   Nancy