[IP] Insulin resistance" with a MM 507

> ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:03:49 -0500
> From: "Irv Perlman" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] "> As someone wInsulin resistance" with a MM 507
> Then this morning, for what reason I don't really understand, I decided to
> check my basal rates and found that I didn't have any programmed!
> I know they were programmed and I don't remember having de-programmed the
> basal rates.  The only things that I can think of was that the programming
> was 'lost' during a battery change or that in using the light feature to
> bolus during a movie I inadvertently erased the bolus programming.
> I know now to check the bolus programming if I become 'insulin resistant'
> again.
> I would be interested to know if others have had similar experiences with
> the MiniMed 507.
>       __@
>    (_)/ (_)

Last summer I kept going hypo and thought something was terribly wrong with
my boluses.  It wasn't the bolusing.  My pump had reset itself to a Basal
Rate of 1 unit per hour instead of my usual .4  per hour. Minimed had me
return the pump as it was also going through screens too fast.  I got my
pump back after three months and have had no further problems with it.  I
still don't know how the basal rate got changed !

Denise Guerin
Type 1 45 years