[IP] Re: cell phones

At 12:37 PM 03/07/2000 , you wrote:
>we are moving to ohio this summer.  from what I understand,  when you buy a
>cell phone/service,  you have to contract for a year.  should my husband
>when he goes back to ohio this friday,  sign up THERE for service?  or
>should we just rent a cell phone here in CA for the week that geneva is in
>outdoor ed?  we will also be needing this phone during her summer camp thing
>in july.

I know that at least last year here in CA Airtouch offered a plan where you
go in and purchase airtime for just a month at a time.  I believe it cost
about $30 and there was no contract or credit cards necessary.  I cancelled
my cell phone (just use my pager now), but I've considered using this
feature with Airtouch whenever Anthony might be away from home for an
extended period of time.