Re: [IP] Re: Good A1c is not always good control!

At 07:56 AM 03/07/2000 , you wrote:
>My daughter used to have many mild lows and in only years, has lost much of
>her ability to recognized a low until she is in the 40s and 50s during the
>day, and even worse, as low as 25 in the middle of the night.  She had a
>seizure as a result over Thanksgiving; which is one of the reasons why she
>went on a pump.

Anthony also started becoming hypoglycemic unaware over the past year or
so.  Where he would always start feeling low in the 70's, he soon came to
the point where he wasn't feeling them until he was in the high
30's.  We're still not sure where his threshold is...not sure if I want to
know.  In the 4.5 years since diagnosis he's been as low as 28, never been
unconscious or had a seizure...knock on wood!

He'll be on the pump 3 weeks this coming Thursday....and much to our
amazement and our CDE, he's back to feeling lows when he's in the 70's again.

Still having some unexpected numbers, but we're finally wittling down his
troublesome foods.  He woke up this morning to 102.  Can't say I've seen
that very often over the last 4 1/2 years.

Sue....Torrance CA
mother of Anthony, 11, dx. 9-22-95, MM 508 since 2-17-2000