Fwd: [IP] watch the off-topic postings...

EXCUSE ME????    Degenerated a bunch of groveling parents?????    We "guys" -
(meaning parents?)  have NO IDEA???        WOW.......that is a LOW BLOW!  I
haven't been posting lately,  but......  I AM a parent of a diabetic child,
and do like reading the posts!  It makes me feel a little more at ease,
making things seem like it is just not my son having a certain problem! - or
me, as his MOM, having a certain dilemma concerning different questions or
problems!   Maybe it is YOU that has no clue what it is like to be a PARENT
of a child with diabetes??   I DO take STRONG offense to your post,  even
though it may not pertain to anything I have posted recently!

And as far as "needing cell phones with diabetes in some twisted way"?  You
must not have a clue how worried us PARENTS get when our diabetic kids leave
home!!  I think that the cell phone is a great idea,  and that it is ON
TOPIC! - I don't see how you think it is "WAY OFF TOPIC"??  I truly believe
that you owe all the parents on this site an apology!  I apologize to
everyone for coming off so strong,  but........I took HIGH offense to this
posting & couldn't let it slide! Thank you for letting me voice my opinion!

Teresa Windham
Mom to Justin - 14

In a message dated 03/07/2000 1:39:41 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> <<SNIP>>
>  > The list exists to help
>  > support, and that support may come in many forms, some of which do not
>  > pertain to others.  As other members have stated before, there is always
>  > your delete button if something doesn't pertain to you and you have
>  > absolutely no interest in it.  Just my opinion, no flames please.
>
>  No offense to the list here, but lately there has been WAY too much
>  off-topic chatter.
>
>  As the webpage states:
>
>  "Insulin Pumpers provides information and support for adults and children
>  with diabetes and their families interested in insulin pump therapy. "
>
>  This list seems to have degenerated to a bunch of groveling parents
>  talking about how hard it is to deal with their childrens diabetes.
>
>  I'd like to see a bit more talk about problems with diabetes care and
>  problems pertaining to it from DIABETICS. No offense, but to the
>  non-diabetic, you guys have no idea ;)
>
>  I'm sure you can somehow relate needing a cellphone to diabetes in some
>  twisted way, but these are questions better answered elsewhere (ask.com,
>  yahoo.com, lycos.com).
>
>  Sure I sound like the bad guy here, but if you let off-topic posts go on
>  rampantly, sooner or later we'll all be talking about last nights sports
>  game, the cars we drive, or anything else WAY off topic.
>
>  I'm done comlaining now.
>  -Jef Lepine

-- BEGIN included message

<<SNIP>>