[IP] Re: Propulsid

email @ redacted writes:

<< Caron, according to my gastroenterologist he expects Jansen to pull
 Propulsid from the market either voluntarily or at the urging of the FDA
 during the middle part of the year. And yes they have a brand new drug in
 the wings with a full patent time on it.

My dad was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus last year and had a
esophagectomy (they remove your esophagus and reshape your stomach, something
I like to call his "stomagus") on March 1, 1999. He was on both Propulsid and
Prilosec. Just before the news broke about Propulsid, he started complaining
that he was having side effects from it, including diarrhea. After the news
broke, the doctor took him off of Propulsid. He remains on Prilosec.