Re: [IP] kaiser insurance CA

Ruth wrote:

> if you are a pumper in CA...kaiser seems to be the way to go!  all supplies
> are 100% covered.  insulin is a small copay for three month  supply.  ($5-10)

That's my experience in Georgia.  When I first requested a pump, the request was denied before any of the supporting documents from endo, CDE, and nutritionist were received.  They re-opened the case and took quite a while, but they did finally approve.  I suspect some of it has to do with changing Medicare rules, and Kaiser's policy seems to be in line with those (type 1 diabetics as a rule).  I pay $5.00 copay for insulin and 20% of durable medical equipment (i.e. my pump).  The referral office, where I order supplies, keeps telling me that the infusion sets, etc., are also durable, but so far no one has charged me any copay.  I never paid for syringes either, but was told by one person that I should have.  I'm not going to volunteer.  If they charge me, I'll pay it.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.