[IP] Storing Unused Pump

Storing unused pump.  I currently have two pumps.  I have a older one
for backup and a the newest 508.  How do I safely store my older model.
I most likely won't ever have to use it but I will take both pumps with
me if I travel out of town or for any extended period away from home.
Presently I have the older pump in the original box without the
batteries installed.  Any other suggestions for storing the pump
safely.  I want to be able to count on this pump if I have to and I
don't want to find that the pump has died just by sitting idle with
little or most likely no activity.

Thanks as always,