[IP] cost of a pump...

Hi!  My name is Michaele.  I have been "lurking" on this list for
several months now.  My daughter, Brooke, was diagnosed with
type I diabetes last May when she was 21 months old.  I started
trying to get her on a pump about 3 months later.  At the time, her
pedi endo was against it because he doesn't think toddlers should
be on pumps.  However, we have not been able to get control of her
sugars AT ALL in the last 9 months.  As a matter of fact, her
sugars keep getting worse instead of better...and her A1c keeps
going up as well.  So, on her last visit he SUGGESTED that we try
the pump.  I nearly fainted!!!  We have already gotten insurance
approval (I got it for sure on last Friday) and now all I need to do is
contact Minimed to make payment arrangements and get the
pump shipped.  That brings me to my problem...  My insurance
has a limit of $2,500 for DME and won't pay a dime more than that.
 I have been told that the MiniMed company will come down some
on the price of the pump if necessary.  I was just wondering if
anyone has had any experience in trying to get them down off of
their price.  What is the best way to approach this?  How much will
they "come down" on the price to make that sale?  I don't have the
money to make up the difference in the cost of the pump but I
really want to get the pump ASAP.  Can anyone out there offer me
any advise???
(mother of the crankiest 2 yr old ...with sugars over 250 most of the
time and in desperate need of a very expensive pump!!!)