[IP] Eye Dr.

Erinn, my eye Dr gave me a very good book about diabetic retinopathy. The book
says that a fluorescein angiography is done when the Dr diagnosis retinopathy.
After the dye is injected into a vein, it travels to the eye and a special
camera will take pictures of the retina. The photos will show what kind of
changes have occurred and will provide a kind of map as to the location and
amount of laser treatment. I had this done about 6 years ago. I didn't get
sick at all, but was very worried about having an allergic reaction to the
dye. That didn't happen either, thank goodness! I have been through 9 sessions
of laser on my right eye and 3 on my left since then. I have had numerous
"bleeds" since then. They were very scary at first, but I have learned to more
or less deal with them. They do clear up on their own with time. I have check
ups every 4-6 months to make sure things are not getting worse. I have been on
the pump for almost 3 years and believe this is what has saved my eye sight!
Good luck, I hope everything works out well for you. Denise