Subject: [IP] Steak for Dinner

Steak is one of Jenna's hardest foods.  We've found that setting a temp
basal rate of 160% after dinner is finished helps - but almost always end up
bolusing down highs, even then.  And it hangs up there like you describe.
Other food that's hard is Alfredo sauce on pasta (which she loves) -but it's
definitely the sauce, not the pasta that's the problem, since a marinara
sauce doesn't bother her a bit.  Last night, we ate at McGuffey, she had
spaghetti  with Alfredo sauce, and was 300 for the next 6 hours - even with
the 160% temp basal - finally back down to 134 this am, even if mom's a bit

Nancy Morgan