Re: RE:[IP] "Even" the pump doesn't make it disappear.....

----- Original Message -----
From: Maureen Reagan <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2000 3:23 AM
Subject: RE:[IP] "Even" the pump doesn't make it disappear.....

> As I'm getting ready temporarily move to Spokane Washington for 3 months
> this fall, cutting back work at my job, getting ready for a canoeing trip
> to Utah, and doing my 8 million and 1 things that need to be done by the
> end of the quarter: my stress level has been on the high side.  And I have
> a cold to show for it.  Despite all of this, and completely random meals at
> random times or very varing sizes, my blood sugars have been relatively
> well behaved.  By no means perfect, but there would be no way on earth that
> I could have pulled them off on MDI.  And that is what I try to remember.
> Since January my endo and I have been going back and forth about control.
> Ultimately I make the choice.  I keep saying, I'm fairly content right now,
> I know I COULD have better control IF I recorded everything.  And I COULD
> have better control if my diet wasn't so completely random.  But is the
> better control worth the price?  Recently my answer has been, "nope".  My
> A1c isn't great, but it isn't horrific (7.4).
(That was is what I used to think, now at age 46 I've had a stroke at least partially caused by not maintaining my blood sugars-And the rest caused by high cholestrol & high blood pressure.  I developed diabetes at 19, stayed on shots until June of 1998-when I was blindsided.  I didn't want to eat like I should, because of the inconvenience of all that (special) food preperation, after all my A1c were always in the 7.2-low 8'sHindsight is not very good unless you can pass what you've learned from it.  My BP wasn't too bad either was always 150/90 when at the doctors office & I was taking my BP medicine.  They offered me the pump about 1995 but I worked at fertilizer plant & was so dirty I was afaid of infections, (so I put it off till later).  My cholestrol was only in the mid 200's so I just keep checking on that.  But as the busy season happened again I didn't follow up on my promise to my self, year after year I became more slack instead of carefully watching myself.  The times I should have been checking more often, was the times I would slack off, because I was tired.  So you see procrastination doesn't pay, sometimes you wish if I could only tell someone about how I messed things up.
Ted Humphreys