Re: [IP] Steak for Dinner

In a message dated 3/5/00 10:27:17 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I ate a huge steak (I cut off the fat, my favorite part) for dinner for
 the first time since being on the pump last night.  I also had a small
 salad (took a bolus of 1 unit for 15 Carbs. for Melba Toast croutons).
 At 1:00 AM my bg was 360 so I took a bolus of 3 (1 unit drops me 60
 points).  One hour later I was 311, bolused another 3 units.  Woke up
 with bg at 78.  Is it possible that the steak caused such a rise in bg?
I know with me that protien lasts longer and I have to account for that when
I bolus. Protien does have some carbs.