Re: [IP] eye doctor update

In a message dated 3/4/00 5:07:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< erinn
 if they are doing a "flourecine" test, which is what it sounds like, you
 better ask for a bucket.  it made me sick everytime i got it, and apparently
 that is a known side affect - some people it has NO affect on, others -
 good luck -
 Sara (been there, done that, pass the bucket) >>
Sara+ Erinn: I had the flourecine in an eye study pre DCCT. It was early
70's.I had the dye every 3 months for almost 2 years. I agree Sara about the
upset in the gut. I was lucky to never get sick. The Main thing they told me
was stay still or we may need to do the test again. Back then your head was
strapped in to keep it still. As I recall I had a n orange urine for 12 or
more hours after test. After they start the dye it only takes 4 or 5 seconds
to reach the eye. They then will take as many photo's as possible. It is not
as bad as it sounds and may help to save your sight. GOOD LUCK!  Roger C dx47