Re: [IP] Re: bolus increments

On 4 Mar 00, at 10:53, Keith Johnson wrote:

> >Keith asked:
> ><<Can you not do 0.7 or 0.8? That'd be a serious drawback for me, if
> >not!>>

> >With the H-Tron Plus you can only do .5 or 1.0 increments on boluses
> >unless you have them reset the increment to a different amount.  They can
> >set it to whatever amount you want.
> >RoseLea

Actually, the bolus increments on the H-tron+ are adjustable
anywhere from 0.1 to 1.9 units.
> Boy-howdy, I guess I'd have to have them do that! I'm pretty
> insulin-sensitive, and my usual lunch bolus is 5.8, for instance (which I
> can do with the MiniMed). I even wish I could do basals in finer
> increments than 0.1: currently I run 0.2 during the day, but may have to
> fine-tune that to between 0.2 and 0.3 in the afternoon, by alternating
> between 0.2 and 0.3 every hour or some such.
> --Keith Johnson

The 5.8 can be done with the H-tron and the new D-tron, but if you
are extremely sensitive to insulin, perhaps you should consider the
Animas as your pump.  Its basal increments can go as low as 0.05

George    (who's only sensitive to ragweed :>0)