[IP] Seeking the cereal solution....

Greetings all:
     Coming on the heels on my roller-coaster day last week with Melissa,
prompted by starting her day with Honey Nut Cheerios & bouncing up to 300,
over-correcting etc & rebounding to 435 at 3:00 am.....we VERY cautiously
approached cereal breakfast this morning....She'd awakened at 117 at
    I told her she HAD to measure the cereal...and to her surprise, although
the box showed a serving as :"one cup/30 gms"= 24 carbs......the 90 grams
(triple portion) she weighed out on our scale only measured 2 1/4
cups!!!.....based on her CDE's recommended aggressive 1:7 breakfast ratio,
she bolused 13 units for 72 gms of cereal & 17 grams of milk...no changes in
basal...instead of her usual 10 units for a "guesstimated", but probably
comparably-sized portion other days....
     not quite 2 hrs later she was 135 & since her Humalog seems to "hang
around", I was expecting another drop...30 mins later, she was 125, but she
did have her pump off for a little to prance around in her prom gown, so that
may have prevented a drop....
     Anyway, she just left with her friends, feeling very pleased with
herself & carrying juice & animal crackers "just in case" she drops more......
     So to those who advocated "GETTIN' AGGRESSIVE" when all else fails to
remedy the problems: THANK YOU!!

Regards, Renee ( a pleased pump-mom at the moment!! LOL)