[IP] Ol' Lady Jan's first pump

I sent a pic to you of me wearing my first CPI (Cardiac Pacemakers Inc)
#9100 insulin pump in 11/83. Is it usable to the site? It was about the size
of a checkbook box and had a little red flashing light to indicate it was
working. One person had cops surround him in a store because someone thought
he was wired with a bomb!! It delivered in whole units only. I had it for 6
weeks until the new CPI Betatron #9200 came out - the size of a pack of
king-sized cigarettes.

 Quite an upgrade. Had it 9 years until the company quit making pumps and I
couldn't get supplies. I had a house battery charger and a car
cigarette-lighter accessory battery charger. I carried a charged battery
(about 1.25" square, 3/8" deep) with me in a little polyester bag so it
wouldn't deplete if contacting metal. A charge would last 2-3 days. I
believe one battery pack was $22.00. I had 3 or 4 of them.

I then got a MiniMed 506 which I used for six years until death parted us
(its - not mine).

Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM 507c 3/99)