[IP] Insertion site

I think I may be having a problem with my insertion sites.  The last two
have turned pink and look like there is blood just at the edge of the site.
I removed the first one an hours after I noticed (had to warm up the Humalog
and prepare the cartridge).  Just noticed the same thing happening tonight.
It has only been 48 hours since I changed sites.  Please tell this newbee
that this happens a lot and the fact that it happened twice in a row is not
a reflection on my natural lack of coordination.

I am afraid I may have forgotten something, but I am doing the outward
rotation site cleaning twice, letting it dry, and trying to keep the
equipment sterile.  Could I be doing something after insertion that is
irritating the site (checking for bubbles or disconnecting too often?