Re: [IP] Meter News Articles

Just read your article on memories.  It brought back a few good ones.  I had
one of the Glocometers.  I can't remember exactly what year it was, but I
believe it was 1980.  I had heard about it in the Diabetes Forecaster and
immediately wanted one.  It was big and bulky compared to the new ones of
today.  It had to be plugged in for 15 minutes to calibrate before you could
use it.  I had forgotten about washing the strip off.  I remember I went and
got this big case to carry it in so I would have everything handy.  Testing
then was really a lengthy process then compared to today. I believe I still
have that first meter.  I've had so many of the "new toys" since then, but I
remember how it changed my life.

At just about the same time I was becoming unaware of the symptoms of low
blood sugars and the new toy helped me many times to tell me that I needed to
Today I don't know how I would handle my life at all without my
meter(meter's) and my other great toy Mr. Pump.

Thanks for sharing a great article with us at insulin-pumpers.org.

Nancy Shaffer 35 years diabetes and 12 years pumping.